Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Amazing

I have had the wonderful opportunity to stay home with Evalyn. Granted it was not by choice, YF made it for me, by laying me off and giving my job to the person I helped hire to take over while I was on maternity leave. Crappy thing to do, but I am looking for the positive in it.

Evalyn is 3 months old now and amazing! She changes so much everyday. Just today she figured out that she has hands. She would look at them and then put them in her mouth. So cute! She is close to 12.5 pounds now. We are working on getting her on a schedule, that's a lot of fun. Working out nap times and bed time. She likes getting a bath now at least. It probably helps that we have a heater in the ceiling of the basement bathroom. It's like her own personal dryer. She LOVES it. Chris holds her under it and she just smiles!

She is starting to recognize people other than Chris, myself and Connor. She knows her Aunt Sarah, she gives her lots of smiles! She loves her Aunt Jen too. She likes it when Cora sings to her. It seems to calm her down.

We were lucky enough to have Uncle Peter home for Easter this year. Evalyn loved him. I think because he has a deep voice like her daddy. Peter changed his first diaper while he was home. It was a fun learning experience! Peter took some pictures to mark the occasion. I will have to post those when I get them! Here's a pic of the two of them!

Great Grandma Emily was home from Arizona for Easter. She got to see Evalyn for the first time. It was so great to have her finally meet her. All Evalyn wanted to do was stretch, but let Grandma hold her anyway.




We are also trying to do tummy time. She is NOT a big fan of that. I do try, but I am a wimp, and we she gets upset I move her back to her back. I got some advice from some people at church to try using the boppy to do it. That has worked better. Here are some cute pictures.





She is also so in love with her daddy. Chris came home from work yesterday, she was nursing and stopped so that she could look at her daddy and smile. She always stops and looks at Chris when he comes into the room. She also knows his voice really well and constantly looks for him if she can hear him, but he's not in the room. It's so sweet. We also think she is starting to look more like him.

She went through a weird phase of not wanting to nurse any where except at home, and if I did manage to get her to nurse somewhere else, it had to be laying down. I got the cutest picture of her at her Granpa's house! She was so conked out!


Over spring break we went and took pictures with Cora, Sophie, Madeline, Elizabeth, Connor and Evalyn. They are so sweet. Big Connor in the middle of all the girls that love him so! If we get digital images of those photos I will put one on. I just love how they turned out.

Will write more soon!

No comments: